Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sacramento Temple

When Curtis and I got married we had a goal of visiting all the temples. Back then there were only like 16! We did a pretty good job getting to them as they were slowly added, but when Pres. Hinckley said he wanted 100 by 2000, I thought "Oh no, how can we get to them all?" We have made a good dent on our list. So Saturday morning we were able to attend the Sacramento Temple. It is beautiful. The front arch way reminded me of Bountiful. But as you walk around to the back and sides, it reminded me a bit of Palmyra. The sky was overcast (it did not snow or rain, yeah!) but it gave the temple a perfect backdrop. You could contrast the Tempest against the Peaceful!

Curtis & I in front of the Sacramento Temple.

This is taken from the back area. The lower window you see on the right is the Celestial Room.

Nick and Serina on one side the Temple. See Serina's tummy? She is now at 22 weeks pregnant.

This was a beautiful wing off of each side of the entrance.

No comments: