We traveled to Delta on our way to visit our kids. We stopped at this really cool museum in Delta called the "Great Basin Museum". The docent was a really fun gentleman who gave us a privaate tour. I was amazed, most the stuff in this museum I knew exactly what it was for. My grandparents had most of this stuff on their ranch and I worked a couple summers at their ranch and learned about them! See if the following don't bring back memories, some good, some not.

Curtis recognized this right off...because he had one. An old chemistry set. A lot of the chemicals are considered "hazmat" now! So fun to see.

The dentists' I went to as a kid had this type of equipment. I call it the torture chair! Just the sound of the drill whirrring away would frighten me!

This is a switchboard for telephone operators. I remember in Cle Elum, Washington where my grandparents lived, the operators had several of these panels in a row. I remember when I was in 8th grade...I wanted to grow up and be a telephone switchboard operator. They were able to talk to anyone and it looked so fun!

This was one of the barracks used during World War II when the United States
took their japanese looking american citizens and put them in the
War Relocation Act. Many from the western states were brought here. I went to high school with a boy whose father was here as a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment