Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Meeting my Uncle Lloyd

My dad is #10 of 13 children. Today his older brother, Lloyd Gibb, came to visit him. His wife died last fall and he decided he needed to go and visit his remaining siblings...so the stop in Arizona. Curtis and I went out to Mom and Dad's for dinner so I could see him. Last time I saw him was about 1978 when Jason was 1 year old at a family reunion! He is an amazing guy. He flew 37 missions over Germany from England in World War II. He had a painting of his plane he flew decaled on his motorhome! We had a great visit with him. I guess he will be here for a few weeks.
Here is a photo of my dad, Larry, on the left with Lloyd on the right. We got to talking about their cousin "Andy Gibb". I didn't know it, but they were telling me how Andy was dating Victoria Principle from "Dallas TV" show. When they split, that is when Andy overdosed on drugs and died. Lloyd plays the guitar. My dad plays the banjo, ukelea, and other instruments. Gibb men are very talented! For those of you who don't know...here is a piece of trivia. Their grandfather Leroy Gibb had a brother (I don't remember his name). They lived in England. Leroy decided to migrate to America via SLC and then on to Alberta. The brother decided to go to Australia. The brother to Leroy is the grandfather of the BeeGees. We are all related!
There are only my dad, Lloyd, Keith, Don and their sister Norma left out of the 13 kids! They were all born in Del Bonita, Alberta, Canada. Now that is probably more than you wanted to know! But I had a great evening with stories!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I didn't know all that. My grandpa is just so cute, I love him!