Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friday Morning Surgery

Friday morning my loving husband took the day off so he could take me to surgery. After having 5 pregnancies and OLD age creeping in (I'll be 54 in 2 weeks)...I needed to have some female work done. There is a new surgery that has been out for 6 years now called Gynecare TVT Secur System. Long name for a Bladder Sling! From other females who have had this done, I understand in about 2 months time I will get my life back! No more crossing legs or sitting down fast so I can cough or laugh! This was a quick outpatient procedure...but I slept all day long from the anesthesia.
Curtis made sure I was comfortable, wrapped in warm blankets (if you know me...I am usually cold!) and let me sleep! He played secretary all day on the phone and brought me meds as needs.
I am so greatful for Visiting Teachers who brought in dinner. Lisa even brought me a humorous cartoon book (since she knew I loved to read) to look at while recuperating! So thought ful. Today is now Sunday morning and I am feeling very good. I just can't lift anything for 4-6 weeks. Now that is going to be the HARD PART of all this.
Thanks Curtis for taking such good care of me! I love you.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope you feel better, I am glad that Uncle Curtis is taking good care of you.

Heidi said...

Hope you are back on the beat soon! Take care of yourself! All our best for a speedy recovery!

Spencer and Audrey said...

Good husbands are so great! After two c-sections, I totally understand the frustration of not lifting anything for 6 weeks... especially with little kids! But, here's to your pain meds and a quick recovery!

Mechelle said...

I'm glad all seems to be going well for you, thank goodness for wonderful husbands! I know it's hard to take it easy but try.