Besides stretching my birthday out...Curtis took me to Carraba's on Friday night for dinner. This is an Italian Restaurant that two of our kids just love and convinced us to go try it. Peter described it as not the run of the mill same old food with no taste, but a flavorful mouthful with EVERY bite! So we ordered several things on the menu and no kidding he was right! We had the chicken Italian pizza for appetizer. Oh my gosh! I could have stopped there! Then we had the Chicken Trio (Chicken Bryan, Chicken RosaMaria, and Chicken Marsala) that we shared. I loved the Marsala one best. Curtis liked the Chicken RosaMaria (I think). Then our waiter "Charles" sang to me in Italian "Birthday Wishes to You". He said he was the ONLY singer that night, so I was lucky that he was MY waiter! He brought out ice cream with carmel and pecans coated in brown suger (I think). Yummy!
Then we went shopping to Costco. We got our Stimulas check (FINALLY) that everyone got last summer. So we stimulated the economy. We put it right back with purchasing a new tv. Our old tv was a 27", the left side was GREEN and the volume only went up to a certain point. So we got a 42" flat screen. [side note- it took us 3 HOURS on saturday to hook it up and get it set up. We had to attach a speaker system, DVD, VCR and it was crazy! But it works now.]
Then we got dressed up and went to our Stake Adult Prom! I wasn't sure if I really wanted to go because it started so late! At 8:00 pm. But...we did. We arrived about 8:15 pm and the entire cultural hall, hallways, everything was decorated right out of Phantom of the Opera! Whoever did that kind of work was incredible and clever! I was so touched by it, it kept weeping! They even had Sister Cozza taking photos of couples with special Phantom draped backdrop and red rose! Amazing! The wait line for photos when we got in line was 1 hour! Bro. Tuggle was the DJ. He was great and all the couples were having a great time.
Saturday morning we got up and made the 8:00 a.m. Mesa Temple session. Saw Shirla Snow there from Tucson! I haven't seen her since we moved 5 years ago! Then Saturday afternoon is when we installed our Simulas TV! Then that evening we watched a movie. WOW! I could see everything. We could set it on wide screen narrow, wide screen wide, full screen and others that I have no clue what they were. But it was amazing.
So now I am getting ready for church. I am subbing in Relief Society this morning. Ahhhh, calm the nerves!
2 comments:
it sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend. I am so glad. Congrats on the new Tv, new toys are always fun!
i love the chicken marsala at carraba's. so good!
i am so glad you had such a great birthday.
thank you for your beautiful lesson today.
Post a Comment