Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

An "Hakuna Matata" DAY!

Saturday (yesterday) we picked up Haley and took her to see Disney's Broadway show of the "Lion King". This was her Christmas present. As the animals came on stage (people in extremely incredible costumes) she was so excited! I had opera glasses and she was glued with them. We sat in the first balcony so we had perfect view of all the animals and stage. The black looking necklaces around our necks were FM receivers...we heard every note, word, etc... clear as a bell!


Here we are after the show outside by the billboard.


Here is Grandpa and Haley afterwards. Everyone around them were waiting to take their turn with a photo by the billboard. You can see Curtis is holding my purse and coat so I could take the photo!

Afterwards we went to Applebee's for dinner. We had a lovely visit with Haley and reviewing the show and our experiences.



So you can see...we had a Hakuna Matata day!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a wonderful present! We saw the show in Houston, and it is so awesome! I'm sure she loved it. For your next one, try Wicked (when it returns). It's different than the book (I don't think you'd enjoy the book - language), but a fantastic show.

Suzi said...

She will remember this gift forever! What a fun time. We wanted to go and see it but the dates didn't fit into our lives at the time. Maybe another time.

Heidi said...

I am sad I missed it...she is a lucky little gal to have such special one on one time! Happy you got to go see it!