Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

All roads go through Utah!

Every time we take a trip to Sparks, we take the short cut home - across I-80 and to Utah! We were able to spend a week with Curtis' folks and we had a great time.
 This is the home where President John Taylor lived the last few years of his life, in Kaysville, Utah, while he was hiding from the polygamist hunters. We searched for this house on our last trip, but didn't go quite far enough. But we found it this time!!

 One morning we took Melvin and we went to the Hill AFB Museum. It was so fun seeing all of the great planes. Above is Melvin and I by one of the jets.


This is the chapel that my sister was
married in on Halloween Day!


Inside of the chapel.

 My other sister and I sang in this chapel for our sister's wedding. It is now part of the Museum. Great memories of living on base and attending events here.
 One morning we went to the Oquirrh Temple in South Jordan, Utah. We had watched it being built over the years as we visited family, and I really wanted to go on a session. We finally did and got to be the witness couple! We also watched some baptisms of our family while there. So beautiful!


Curtis and I outside afterwards.
After the temple we met Curtis' sister for lunch at the Lion House. Ohhhh they have good food. She gave us a tour of new City Creek Center. Here is one shot where all the fountains line up with the waterfalls at the Conference Center if you look straight back through the trees. We window shopped to see all the stores.

On the drive back to Arizona we had to stop in Scipio, Utah. This is where the Nielson family first came from Sweden and settled. This was the house! It is really old, but to the Nielson family this is sacred ground. I remember when we were first married we went through the house, up in the attic, and even down in the cellar to see the home. Amazing structure. I would actually love living in a house like that today and renovating it! We made our trip home without incident. But it was good to be home again.

No comments: