The last two days we have had "Grandma and Grandpa Time" with our grandson. He loves Legos. We have saved Legos from when his daddy and brother were doing Legos. We we cleared the Family Room and sorted colors, people, equipment into proper piles. I then pulled out my file folder of all the saved instructions with pictures and let Jaren choose what he wanted to build. The first day he and Grandpa made a yellow under water diving thing with claws. Much like the machine they used in the film Titanic to retrieve stuff. This project took 3 hours. Then today he chose the Castle Fortress. My turn until I couldn't figure it out. Then we recruited Grandpa so he could engineer it all and Jaren and I looked for parts! It was great...only took us 5 hours today (not counting eating time!).
This is the process today with our
piles and piles of pieces.
Jaren with his underwater sea machine
and his super Knights with their Castle Fortress.
1 comment:
Now that it patience! I'm going to be naughty and show this to Jon. He has a hard time setting life aside and really enjoying the grand kids, though I am noticing that the older they get, the more he seems to enjoy spending time with them. He's waiting for Lincoln to develop the 200-word vocabulary he requires. I told him it's there, you just have to spend more time with him to understand all those sounds coming out of that little mouth.
Post a Comment