Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Camping in the Pines

Every summer when Curtis goes to Girls' camp up near Pine, Arizona, I also get to escape. But I spend it with my folks in their motorhome in the Sunshine Resort at Clint's Well.  This year I was on a mission! I was collecting stories and memories from my parents and my Aunt Marlene about my Grandpa Doward Denning.  I heard some funny stories and some great character stories.  I am working to put these all together into a Life History for him (he is deceased) that the entire family can have. Some of his grandkids never knew him. I was the oldest and spent some wonderful summers with him. 

       While there in the Pines, we found out my son's family was just up the road 1 1/2 miles for his wife's family reunion. Peter came and picked up my mom and I and took us to their camp. Wow! It was like the Children of Israel Camp! THey had to bring in everything as there were no facilities there at all! A huge dining hall tent with generator that operated TV and lights.  They had one area for showers, a hand washing area, games of volleyball - croquet - etc, fishing, portapotties were brought in, and each family's tent was pitched all around the camp with the dining hall in the middle.  Was fabulous!  So here are a few pictures.

Ridge

Tytan - he was so tired. But he was determined to watch TV with the cousins.

Baby Paisley and Meggan

Peter

While there - my Uncle Jim and Aunt Marlene took us all
 out to the Cafe for dinner. We had a great time visiting
 them until they headed north for the rest of the summer.

Jim, Marlene, Mom and Dad
I took the photo. 

What a great time. Too bad it couldn't last longer.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Aren't families the best! Good luck writing the family history, I did that a few years ago about my parents who had both passed away. What a wonderful labor of love; a very spiritual experience.

trublubyu said...

that's funny you have an uncle jim and aunt marlene- those are chris's parents names!