Every year the five LDS Stakes in the West Valley get together an put on a Prom for the youth. It is always hosted (as far as I know) at our Stake Center. Last year they had the theme from Phantom of the Opera. This year is was scenes from the Middle East...like from Aladdin or Turkey. On Friday night, the Prom is open to all Adults. Then on Saturday night it is for only youth 16 to 18 and their dates. We babysat Friday night so Heidi & Jace could go dance. Then Since we chaperoned on Sat. night because Curtis is bishop. Was amazing.

This is the entrance to the church at the back of the building. They made it look like a Bazaar. The floor felt like you were walking on sand, they had jewels in baskets, fruits hanging.

The most clever of the night were these decorated drinking fountains. Notice the fringe around the bottoms. They even had those jars on top filled with little gold fish!

A painting and display along one wall.

We had to peek in the men's bathroom. The urinals had dry ice in them with rocks and snakes! The men's bathroom was totally made to look like a CAVE. We didn't get photos of the women's but it was the complete opposite! Totally femine with drapery. Someone put in a dresser with the drawers open and all kinds of fun things in them to add to the ambiance. Pretty clever!

This was the other foyer entrance from the back of the building. It was blocked off so you could not enter. It had couches, lapms, jewels, etc... In the gym (which we did not get photos) was a large mural across the entire wall of the overflow area of a night scene with the domes, lights, etc...of an evening landscape in Turkey (or from the movie Aladdin). They also had on one side of the gym several tents set up with chairs or couches in a U-shape with lamps, lanterns, pillows. Looked just like the ones we saw down on the Sinai Pennisula! Pretty authentic! We had a fun time.
3 comments:
How absolutely great! Had to be so much fun . . and I bet the ones who came to the Prom loved it too . . . . . I would love to be able to make atmosphere like this!!
That is a lot of work! I can't imagine how much time went into putting that together. I am sure the youth feel really special knowing their leaders care so much about them.
I LOVE this idea. I wish our stake did a prom for the kids. School prom is so disgusting. Looks like a blast! I am sure the kids up there thoroughly enjoyed it!
Post a Comment