Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Time With Grandkids

Monday morning Heidi had to talk Haley to the doctor, so Christian and Haven got to be with me! We played with Fisher Price toys that used to be Heidi and Jason's when they were little. We even played with He-Man toys from Peter's growing up days. We read stories. Had snacks. Then they wanted to watch Peter Pan. They are so well behaved! It is so fun to spend time with them. But I forgot to take any photos! I'll have to capture those cuties later.

Then Wed (today) I had Jaren and Carter (Jason's two oldest). I called my friend, Stefany Dean, for ideas this morning. So off we went with a terrific list! We went to Pratt's Feed/Pet Supply in Glendale. They had rabbits, hamsters, chicks, birds, reptiles, etc... During the winter they carry puppies. The man told me in the summer it is too hot for the dogs.
Here is Jaren & Carter looking at the rabbits.
I would hold them...they would pet.
This lasted for about 40 minutes! We had fun here.
Then we went to the Cerreta's Candy Factory (also in Glendale) and had free samples and tour. While we were there 100 school kids from Anthem schools came! We went and bought a piece of candy for each of us and left while the getting was good! Too much noise! But the candy was awesome! I'll have to go back when I can head straight home with the treats so they won't MELT!
Carter at the Candy Store with their tour info sign.

Jaren & Carter trying to be patient to wait for the tour.
You can see part of the factory behind the boys.
Then we drove to Friendship Park (in Avondale) and fed the ducks at the pond. That was really fun and we were able to do it from the shade of a tree! Then off to Burger King for chicken nuggets and fries for lunch and back home to mom. Grandma is now exhausted!

1 comment:

Sharron said...

Aren't we lucky to be able to have these times with our grand kids? I get pretty tired some times, but then I remind myself to enjoy it while I can. We never know what life may bring, do we?

The kids are a bunch of cuties!