Well, I had an experience this afternoon! I attend another CES class up at the Glendale Institute. We studied 1 Peter 1 & 2. Was great. So at the conclusion as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I turned left into traffic. Then you hear this awful noise that is really weird...it did not go "thump, thump" but I knew something was wrong!
So I turned left into the entrance to an apartment building just east of the Institute. Got out, right front tire is dead FLAT! Great! I put up the trunk, unscrew the big bolt to undo the Donut Tire. I lift it out and put it by the front tire. Then I try to get the jack out. It won't budge!!!
So...just like at the Grand Canyon (Connie, you'll appreciate this!) I decided to not let the next man to drive by! And....in my mind I am praying every minute...I need help and now! A white pick up with a tatooed man, missing teeth, stringy hair and fully loaded truck with scrap metal is preparing to exit the drive. I step over to the truck, in all my braveness, I say... "Sir, could you please help me get my jack out of my trunk? It is stuck." He said, "Sure, I'll help you." He took one look at my weird looking jack and said to me, "Mame (I am a mame now!), I think I better use mine!" He then proceeded to completely change my tire, and put my trunk back together. While he was doing this we had a great conversation!
I don't know if it was his wife or girlfriend (she had no front top or bottom teeth!) but she visited with us as well. He said when he helps someone, God blesses him! I told him he was my Angel today and that he certainly would receive blessings from above. He then told me how he has studied other religions...Jehovah Witness, the Mormons... At that moment, I told him I was a mormon. He said, "I like those mormons. When I was studying them, I helped them set up and take down the room and prepare for meetings when I lived in Missouri." His friend said, He is being watched over by Raphael (which ever Angel that is). He then said, I know one angel you guys have ...Angel Moroni. I am like that today.
After he was all done ... I asked him his name. It was James. I had no money or nothing I could give me (inside my heart I sure was wishing I had some...debit cards don't work in these moments!)...so I just stuck out my hand and took his in my two and thanked him A LOT!
So...there are wonderful Angels out there doing saving aid to us broken down in life!
1 comment:
cool. What a nice guy. I'm glad you had guts, but hopefully some mace too (it's good to be prepared for everything!))
Post a Comment