Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Garden Delights!

This past Saturday Curtis had a lot of tomatoes and bell peppers from the garden! We decided to try to make salsa. We got on the internet and found two recipes that we would try. This is the only we absolutely fell in love with! It is a Pico De Gallo Salsa. We made a huge batch and will probably be eating it all week.
The recipe is easy:
4 c. ripe red tomatoes finely chopped
1 large bunch of cilantro chopped stemmed
1 white onion finely chopped
2 serrano or jalenpeno chilies finely chopped (we used jalenpeno)
1 tsp salt
2 TBsp of Lime Juice
Stir, cover, put in frig to marinate. We ate it about 2 hours later. Yummy, but next day it was AWESOME!
I also made a 9x13 pan of stuffed bell peppers for Sunday dinner. Home grown bell peppers do not cause burping! So I love them!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

My dirt pile with an ice puddle in the middle is jealous of your fresh salsa. I bet it tastes amazing!!

Lauren said...

That looks amazing and so delicious!

trublubyu said...

yummy! the cilantro in our garden is finally starting to get going. can't wait to pluck it up and use it. our tomatoes, peppers and onions won't be ready for a while. but when they are, you can bet i will come back for this recipe.

corrychronicles said...

YUMMY! I just found your blog today, thanks for sharing the address with me (HA HA HA)
I might just try this, Drew loves homemade salsa.