Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Miracles Never Cease

After having a wonderful visit in Tucson with my dear friend, Beryl, and having lunch with my sister, Patti, and my friend Linda...I had to drive straight to a doctor's appointment. I had a CT scan last week of my lungs...since I don't have Asthma...to be evaluated. Well, the night before the CT scan I had a blessing to take care of the CT and my leg surgery which would have been the day after the CT. So...I saw a pulmonologist. This guy reminded me of a mad scientist! His hair was sticking out all over, he had a funny accent. I asked him where he was from. He said, California! Go figure! He was really nice and listened well. He asked me lots of questions, and read my CT stuff. There is NOTHING there. He then asked me again why I was here. I said my allergist felt you should see me. He told me I was a 53 year young person, very healthy, no problem! I then asked him, "Are you a God fearing man?" (I was being brave!) He looked at me surprised. I was thinking to myself he was going to be crude or something. He said "Yes I am." I then told him I was LDS, a mormon. I had a blessing the night before the CT scan. I said it looks like God took care of whatever the problem was. He then said to me. "I have a surgeon friend who I really admire. He told me once...God is the healer. Doctors just change the bandaid." On that note my appointment was done. I don't have to take any more asthma meds. I can take allergy stuff to help in the rough seasons...other than that I am whole! At this very moment it just dawned on me. We have been studying what it means by being healed by the Savior in Matthew and Mark of the Bible. They are made whole, cleansed. Their sins are forgiven. What a humble feeling for today.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You are a true example of being BOLD in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, thank your for being such a great example in true Christian courage!

Nick and Serina said...

What leg surgery did you have? I'm glad everything went well.

Andrew and Kathy said...

I am glad you have a blog now, it is such a great way to keep up on how everybody is doing. I am glad you are feeling better.

Meggs said...

Awesome story from the doc. I could not agree with that statement more. I'm glad you started a blog. I have to ask the same question as Serina...What leg surgery did you have?