Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

US Grant Hotel in San Diego, CA

Earlier this month I had the opportunity to go to the National School Board Conference that was held in San Diego, CA.  Curtis was able to go with me.  While I was in meetings, he went on adventures by himself.
We stayed in the US Grant Hotel for 4 days. 

 This is the front of the US Grant Hotel. It has a long history that is amazing to read. I put a link you can click on about it here:  http://www.usgrant.net/history
 This is the lobby inside. It was so beautiful.  4 years ago when I came to San Diego for another school conference, I was able to eat in their restaurant (paid by someone else!).  It is extremely expensive - small amounts of food that is like artwork on the plate!


This is what our room looked like. The beds were very comfortable.  We had a frig and microwave to make oatmeal, etc... for breakfast and keep yogurt in.  It took 3 microwaves before one actually worked!!

 At the conference they had displayed the flag that was torn when 9-11 bombing of New York Twin Towers happened.  It had been patched by people over the country. This was the last stop before going back to the Memorial to hang permanently.

No comments: