We planned on doing a session at the Temple in northern part of Washington DC. It took us 1 1/2 hours to drive from the Mall area to the Temple. Traffic was worse than anything I experienced in Los Angeles! The last time we were here was in 1992 with our young family. We were only able to walk around and see how beautiful it was. We caught fireflies in the bushes back then. This time, the weather was much colder.
We made the 6:00 pm session. We were the only couple on that session with two other men. So small!
Here we are in front of the Temple before we went in.
The first thing I noticed was that the 4 spires that broke off and fell to the ground during the earthquake were already repaired and back in place. It was so beautiful!
The fountain in front of the entrance.
This was taken when we came out after our session. It just glowed!
1 comment:
I miss this temple. It always felt so majestic to me. Our stake got to meet at the very top for a meeting with Pres. Tingey while I was there. Once in a lifetime experience.
Post a Comment