Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scenes of Arizona

I have been blessed to live in a very beautiful state...the State of Arizona. However, all the pollen that has erupted due to all of our rain has played complete havoc with my allergies and breathing! But...inspite of all that, this is a beautiful State! Whenever I hear on the radio the song "Arizona" I tear up and cry! The following are pictures taken this weekend in Pinal County towards Superior, Arizona.
This is a Hawk.
Sandi by the side of the road looking at all the beautiful wildflowers. It looks like Heavenly Father just painted a masterpiece for us to enjoy. I had to get out and pick one of each kind to put in my journal - so I could remember this beautiful day! As I would read pioneer stories and hear of weddings and gathering wildflowers for the bride - I could only think of weeds...until today! What a sight!

This is Queen Creek! I knew of the city, but had no idea it started up in Globe, came down a canyon. It passes through the Boyce Thompson Arboretum just west of Superior, AZ.
Pink wildflowers in bloom! Gorgious.
Standing near the Queen Creek is this scene looking up toward the mountains with the splendor the Saguaro Cactus. I miss these Giants of Tucson Sonoran Desert! You don't see them in the Phoenix area like in Tucson.
This is Picketpost house - where Boyce Thompson lived in the 1920's. He is the one who started the first Magma Copper Mine in Superior at the turn of the century. Magma Copper of San Manuel took the name from this place. Would have been nice to take a tour of the house...but it is private property.
This is the Lake at the Arboretum. There were several ramadas around.
It is part of the reparian for the Arboretum.
We had a great day, then drove south to Florence to Hunt Highway and drove in the back way to Queen Creek and Gilbert, AZ to visit Peter's family briefly. Amazing all that has changed in that area with housing!!!! That place is booming. But what a wonderful day we had in the desert of the sun!

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

So pretty, I can't wait for the cold to end here so we can start to see flowers bloom.