Last night I laid in bed wide awake....AGAIN!!! Finally I got up at 2:00 a.m. I read several chapters in my Book of Mormon. I still wasn't tired...so I started looking for something to read. I found all my old journals. I pulled out the one dated 1978. So I sat down and read until 4:30 a.m. I found all kinds of treasurers in there I had forgotten about. Here are the summaries of a few:
Our first baby was only 6 months old at the beginning of this journal. It seems that every entry ended with "I am really tired," or "I am bushed" or "I am pooped"....I got the picture ...I was exhausted. I also noticed that I never made it to bed before 11:30 pm trying to accomplish everything in the day.
This was the time that hubby was Elder's Quorum President and worked shift work at Magma Copper. It was interesting all the different meetings we had, went to, and I served as Mia Maid Advisor.
We certainly had a lot of fundraising for the Ward or Stake Budget. I baked cakes and frosted them for all kinds of events! I took a sewing class this year from the college. Every week I learned a new technique and came home and used it some gift I made for a family member for that upcoming birthday or christmas present!
One sister came up from Tucson to show slides at a fireside one night on her trip to Israel. Curtis and I both felt we had truly been there....was this foreshadowing our own trip???
It was fun reading and finding old friend's names within the pages and how they touched our life in 1978!
2 comments:
I really enjoy reading my old journals as well. They are treasures! To answer your question on my blog post--yes, we still have a house in LaCrescenta with renters, just 1/2 block from where houses are being evacuated. But from talking to friends there, the firefighters are making some headway with the line fires they have started to block the real fire. It has been scary to see all the amazing pix online. Are these the last days? It makes one think so!
i love my old journals, too!
it sounds like you were a busy little mommy- it is nice to know they grow up and start to do things for themselves.
Post a Comment