Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rough Week and a Half

One never enjoys being sick! Two Sundays ago I joined Curtis at Girls' camp for the rest of the sabbath activities in the dirt and trees. Apparently the dust and pollen really came crashing down on my Phoenix induced Asthma! I go months with no problem and then it hits really hard. So as I started having problems I thought it was just allergies or a minor cold. Well after not being able to talk since last Wednesday, July 1st...and not breathing on Sun, July 5th evening...it was time to see the doctor. So first thing Monday morning I was in my doctor's office. Brian Hawkins is a wonderful MD. Come to find out my asthmas was out of control. I ended up on 8 different prescriptions (not the Over the Counter stuff) when I left. At noon I just wanted to die, ever feel like that you'll never get better? But by 6:00 pm that same evening...drugs working their miracle in my poor body...I finally felt like it was okay to live. Then Tuesday morning, I awoke with energy I hadn't had in weeks! I cleaned house, baked cookies, ran a few errands, and even got in a nap. I am so blessed to live in a day where modern medicine can work hand in hand with priesthood blessings and bring about much Miracles! I just have a minor cough lingering...hopefully gone by the end of the week!

2 comments:

Spencer and Audrey said...

Sorry things were so out of control for you... that's rotten! I hear you when it comes to living in modern times. If it weren't for modern medicine, I would have been a goner long ago! Those pioneers were sure made of some tough stuff!!!

Misty said...

Oh wow, sorry to hear about having to go thru such a rough week. Glad to hear you are doing better!