So on Wednesday afternoon my mom, my sister-in-law (Misty) and I went to the one at 5605 N. 55th Avenue in Glendale today and purchased the $30 box. I also picked up two trays of Lasagna for $3.00 each. Apparently the money we spend on the boxes off sets the price of the boxes a bit so they can give some boxes out to those on food stamps for free. After looking at all this food that I paid $36 total for a value of $100.00 had I gone to a store.
I have taken photos from 4 different angles so you can see what we EACH got.
10 tomatoes
bag of oranges
bag of grapefruit
2 large Acorn Squash
Romaine Lettuce
2 boxes of Saltines
2 loaves of bread
1 loaf of French bread
blueberry muffins
1 bag hot dog buns
1 bag of hamburger buns
3 tins of Butter Cookies
1 tin of Peppermint Bark (chocolate on bottom, peppermint on top…waaayyyy yummy!)
Marzepan (sp?) in box from Germany
2 French’s Mustard
1 small jar of peanut butter
1 can green beans
1 can mandarin oranges
1 can mushroom soup
1 can diced tomatoes
2 boxes of Macaroni & Cheese “shell” style
1 bag of Corn Flakes cereal
2 cans of tuna fish
1 lb pinto beans
3 lbs pasta noodles
Box of Meat:
1 lb of hamburger
2 -6oz Beef Sirloin Tip Filet
1-16 oz Beef Chub
4-4oz Boneless Pork Chops
3 skinless chicken breasts
Glade oil plug in with refill – Apple Cinnamon scent
24 bottles of Tiger Gatorade (looks like grape flavor)
Then the 2 – 2 lb meat sauce Lasagna that I bought in addition.
The Food Bank order form I have attached has two locations you can go. Notice the Buckeye site takes ONLY CASH. The Glendale site takes Cash and Debit cards ONLY. We tried the Glendale site today. There is enough food for a family for a week with what we got today. I will probably try the Buckeye place in 2 weeks and see if it is different or similar. There are several sites in the West Valley. You can call the info line for more details 602-415-5474. You can also check out the web link http://www.firstfoodbank.org/locations.html
Here is a news clip on this program: http://www.abc15.com/content/news/smartshopper/story/How-to-get-100-worth-of-groceries-for-only-30/aQuTZQT7aUil5dAiV-9sjA.cspx
1 comment:
Hi
I am amazed at all that you get in the parcel!! Its awesome!
We dont have that kind of thing here but it would be good if there was cos it could most definitely help the less fortunate or low income families.
My thinking hat is on now!! lol
Debs
Post a Comment