How much Oil is in your Lamp?

I had a wonderful early morning Seminary Class today! In September Susan Wolkow subbed for me while Curtis and I went to Las Vegas. I had her help the class make oil lamps like in the Bible Story "The Ten Virgins". The students took red clay and molded into lamps. During the past month and one week, the students have been earning points (drops of oil) for their lamps. They had to have their scriptures out and open, participate, help others, ask questions, be on time, etc... So today ... they received their oil! It turns out it was also AIMS testing...so some students didn't come. But the ones who did...we lit our lamps. The darker photo was taken about 6:10 a.m. We wanted to do it in the dark so we could see our light shine (Matthew 5:14-19). The other photo was with a flash. Susan came and participated with us...she was taking the photo. Thanks Susan for your help. Our theme in Seminary for the rest of the year as we study the New Testament is "How much Oil do you have in your Lamp?"
5 comments:
I think this is an awesome activity, I would have loved it in seminary! Is Heidi's blog private now I can't access it anymore?
this is really neat. i am sure it is something they will remember. and tell their children about.
I too would have loved to do this in seminary. So creative and inspiring.
Neat idea!
What a great lesson. I loved fun seminary things like that.
Warren and i went to Disney a few days before we moved. We needed a break and the trip was the perfect get a way.
I hope all is well with you and Uncle Curtis.
we love you guys.
Post a Comment